Continuous headache with nausea, warmness on head, pain on the scalp and forehead. Relief of applying pressure on back and head. What could the problem be?

Hi I am 30 Year old women I am mother of a 4 year old daughter......since last 3 years I am suffering from headache which is associated with nausea ..and at the same time my whole head gets warmer too....and headache is always severe.....and my whole head including forehead and scalp hurts a lot.... and to get rid of that I ask my husband to press my forehead against the wall with his full power....then I get around 20-30 burps and then most of the time headache goes the frequency and pain level is getting even severe....sometime pressure applied on both sides of back of the head gives me relief.....and now putting ice on the top of warm head also gives some relief too. I don t know whats going on and what is the problem...please help me... Thanks in advance. Nisha
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having headache associated with nausea. These symptoms indicates primary headaches like migraine.
The treatment of the condition is by use of anti-inflammatory drugs and analgesics.
However if the attacks are recurrent prophylactic drugs like flunarizine or beta blockers like propranolol are indicated to prevent recurrent attacks.
Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you