Continuous hand pain radiating to arms post fracture, taking lortab. What else can be done?

Hi my name is Loretta Giovanini. I m 47 years old. I m 5 2 and weight is 120. I broke 2 bones in half in my right hand that now has 20 screws and plates. My profession is a baber so I use scissors and clippers all day. I take 3 lortabs a day which is not enough. My hand aches and the pain is traveling into my arm . I don t know what else to do for the pain
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It can be reflex sympathetic dystrophy. I would suggest you to show it to orthopedic surgeon. It may need physiotherapy in form of wax bath and amytryptalin tablet. It may also need calcium and vitamin d 3.