Continuous fever, sore throat, inflamed tonsils, yellow bumps, drained pus, taken levofloxacin, got fever again. What should be done?

I started saturday 15/08/12 with fever of 38°C at night the next day I woke up with a sore throat an still feverish (37.5-38-5°C) all day, i started taking amoxicillin/clavulanate 875 mg but still the fever wouldn t go and on monday it reached 39°C; my tonsills looked inflamed and i saw kind of yellow bumps on them, that was monday 14/08/12. On tuesday i went with a specialist and he said he had to drain all the pus and he did, it was very painfull; then he changed the antibiotic to levofloxacin , I ve only taken it once. today I woke up with fever again (38.5°C) and a very sore throat with yellowish exudate. Should i wait? Is it going to get better the next days? Should i be hospitalized and be treated with antibiotics IV? i feel terrible
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012