Continuous feeling of lightheadedness, dizziness post sudden wake up form sleep. Cause?

oh, HI.. I was just goggling and wasnt expecting this, but sure.. it s difficult to explain last night, i was woken up aprx 6 times by my head feeling like.... a combination of the feeling you get when you get up way too fast or have been knocked under a wave and cant get oriented to which was is up.. since i have been awake, the odd lighteness is still present and on occasion the dizziness will present itself
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
hi welcome to HCM
-i had gone through your query and understand your concerns.
-there are several factors to produce dizziness after waking. i would come with the possibilities of,Orthostatic hypotension is the cause for your sufferings.

orthostatic hypotension;is a sudden drop in blood pressure that occurs when you sit up or stand up. and most suitable condition for you

other possible causes include

heart attack;

kindly rule out each and every complaint with appropriate tests like ECG,blood pressure,complete blood picture etc.

I hope this is helpful for you, thank you          

Pediatrician Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty's  Response
Thanks for writing to Hcm
There are several causes for such problem.
One could be a problem in inner ear.
Hypotension that is low BP can also be a cause.
Suggest you to get examined once by your doctor.