Continuous cough, productive sputum, blocked nose, breathing difficulty, throat irritation, no relief with cough syrup. Cause?

Hi, I have been coughing for the past 3 weeks with a productive sputum , blocked nose , and difficulity in breathing early morning. I have this noctural cough too. My troat irritates alot and causes me to cough non stop. I went to the physician and they just gave me cough syrup and I have already taken lots of cough syrup which is not working at all. What would probably my problem?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012