Continuous cough, negative sputum test for TB. Advised forecox on empty stomach. Right medicine?

hello doctor my wife suffring from continously cough form last 5-6 month and during this period she take genral medicine for cough. but now one doctor advice me to take xray and when xray done he advice to sputum test for checking TB infection. result of sputum test is negative but my doctor recomond me for forecox tablets 2 in morning in empty stomach .kindly suggest me when sputum test negative it is good for taking forecox tablets.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013