Continuous cough, looks pale, dark circle under eyes, leg cramps, advised to repeat blood work and iron after a month. Reason?

I am going to try and make this short and to the point. We have received some answers but, we are still not completely satisfied. Our 4 year old son has been coughing, very pale, light dark circles under his eyes, leg cramps ( specifically his one leg hurting) for 5 months now. Finally, his pediatrician order some tests after me demanding it. We did all these tests over a month ago with previously being on an antibiotic for 2 months straight before these tests. Positive severe sinus infection which this was done 2 months ago. Thefollowibg were done the first of December 2012-RBC-mildly low WBC-mildly low, Retic-slightly low, X-ray showed an effusion in his knee where he has been complaint of his leg cramps, Allergist-tested him for allergies-Negative and Asthma-Negative. A month ago his sinus infection was clear but, went to see an oncologist and she stated after his CBC was done again and an iron test that the numbers were the same but, his Iron was at the low end (25) he is now on an iron supplement and we have increased his diet to more greens, protein and decreased his milk intake. I asked this Doctor if my son is still pale, which the oncologist said he didn t look well..if we needed to repeat his Bloodwork and iron after a month or two while being on the supplement and she said no not necessary and I asked what if he is still coughing, pale and tired all the time-her response, I DON T KNOW! Really? To me a four year old little boy should not Be this way all the time and Bloodwork should not be below normal. My husband and I are so frustrated and I can t imagine how our son feels. What should we do. He s coughing up a storm and looks sickly. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013