Continuous burping, redness of nose and throat. What could this be?

I have an ongoing issue that makes it seem like I m continuously burping. It feels like when I breathe in, there is a slight pop and air goes into my throat but not my lungs. This can happen by breathing through the mouth or nose . My nose and throat have been red for months, and occasionally I have been been hospitalized and sent home after days or weeks of doctors scratching their heads. ( its not my specialty, go see *insert specialty* rinse and repeat). This has become so intrusive that it interferes with daily living, as well as nights that have gone sleepless. Does this sound like anything you ve heard of before? If so, how do I direct my medical care so that I can become healthy?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012