Continuous blood in urine followed by black chunks, weakness with excessive sleep. Does this need immediate attention?

My Dad has been peeing blood off and on for over a year now. In the last few days it has become almost totally blood. He is pale, and getting sleepier daily, slept 13 hours last night! Just now he came out of the bathroom and said he just peed out black chunks!?!? He is scheduled for a CT scan next Thursday, as we believe it is probably Bladder Cancer . I am concerned that, now, this is something needing immediate attention. He is a VET and the local VA is closed til Monday. Should he go to the ER?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012