Continuous bleeding, not perimenopausal, on provera. Normal pap smear, thyroid. What could be the cause?

I m 44 and went to the dr for my period lasting 30 days Pap smear came back fine and thyroid ok. He said he didn t think I was perimenopausal because of hormone levels. I ve been on provera for 10 days and still have my period. Nurse said it might take two weeks after taking pills to stop. I have not found one thing on line that supports this. I ve looked for 2 days. Should I be concerned n do you think the provera should have worked?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012