Continuous bleeding after taking Microgestin. Mood changes, nausea, cramps. What is going on?

Hi, I am 22 years old, and I am from the US but am currently in Lima, Peru. I arrived here a little over 2 weeks ago. Before coming over here, I got a new birth control from my doctor at home called microgestin fe 1/20. I was told to start taking it the Sunday after my next period which happened as soon as I got to Lima. I have now been taking it for almost 2 weeks now and am experiencing some pretty mad symptoms. I have had extreme mood changes, extreme loss of appetite , fatigue , I was spotting and it turned into actual bleeding and hasn t stopped yet. The bleeding is going on 5 days now which is longer than my normal mentrual cycle. I have had to go to the bathroom every time I eat and it is really painful. I vomit . And the worse symptom of all is my stomach pain. I have no idea how to describe it but I will try. It is like a tightening in my abdomen . It hurts the worse in the morning and at night. It hurts when I try to eat. Hurts when I use the bathroom. Hurts randomly during the day. Feels quesie and nauseous. It makes it hard to move. I am really weak right now and don t feel the need to get out of bed at all. Nothing makes it feel better. I have cried so much from the consistent pain. The doctors here have given me pain medication but it hasn t helped. It feels like menstrual cramps but worse. I have to use the bathroom frequently but I never have the energy to get up to go. I just want to know what is going on and what I should do. I called my doctor back home and he said to stop taking the BC immediately. I stopped yesterday and today is still bad.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  112 Awaiting Answer