Continuous bleeding after delivery, had large fatty substance vaginal discharge. Cause?

My wife michele recently gave birth 7 weeks ago and is still bleeding daily.yesterday she had a large fatty substance discharge from her vagina it was about an inch long and 1/2 inch wide piece of fat or tissue or something else have you ever heard of anything like this happening Thank you. Mike
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Hello Mike and welcome.

This is possible sometimes due to improper evacuation of the uterus, it would still be considered normal.

As for the bleeding, if it is only spotting then it may be negligible but if at all it is more than this, then it would be best to take your wife to her doctor, along with the expelled tissue.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.