Continuous bleeding. Prescribed northoterone. What is this about?

hi... i m 29 and virgin but did makeout several times with my bf... my period started suddenly last mid of june and has not stopped since then.... but it was suppose to happen at the end of the month, i mean 30th of may i had last one so next one is to happen on around 30th june.... not heavy bleeding though...... i did see gp .... she tested my urine and was negative and has given me this Northoterone tablet to take 3 times a day for 1 month...... what is all this about!! i m really bit scared and all
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
hi thanks for your question,northoterone is a hormonal product,it decrases heavy bleeding and unexpected bleedind from uterus. 1 tablet three times a day. Bleeding usually stops within 1-3 days. A period usually starts 2-4 days after stopping treatment.This medicine should be taken for as long as your doctor tells you to. If you finish the course of tablets you will usually have a menstrual bleed 2-3 days after the last will regulize your menstrual cycle.pregnancy ruled out,dont worry.please do follow up with your gp.