Continuous ankle pain, burning sensation on touching the ankle post sural nerve biopsy for elevated enzymes. Taking Neurontin, causes fogginess. Other treatment options?

I am a F/64yrs/ 220lbs I had a sural nerve biopsy 2 yrs ago when trying to determine reasons for elevated blood enzyme levels It left me with pain in my ankle all the time/burning&stinging pain when I wear a shoe that touches my ankle/throbbing pain at night/ and severe pain to the touch. I was given Neurontin but it made me foggy. Any other treatment or medication available? I do not want to have additional surgery Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012