Continuous ankle and heel pain, aggravates on walking, kneeling. Perform heavy physical activity. What could be the cause?

Hello,my ankle has been hurting for more than 2 weeks now but I don t know weather to go to the doctors or not? I play a lot of football and take part in a lot of physical activity at school. The pain is right at the back of my ankle,basically my heel.It seems like the pain is worse when I walk rather then when I run,it is very painfull when I walk down stairs or a curb also when I kneel down!,I would like to know what it could be? Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
It could be an insertional achilles tendonitis. This can be helps by rest and anti-inflammatory medication. Physiotherapy is often beneficial.