Consult about food for 7 mnth old baby

hello Dr, my child is about 7 mnths now. I have not satrted any food. suggest me
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
hi welcome to Health Care Magic,
can start ragi based diet. start with littile liquidy feeds, then can increase thickness. also can give cerelac or lactogen but continue breast feeds.
Welcome to Health Care Magic,
Mother's milk is best for babies but weaning should start from six month of age.After six months breast feeding alone does not provide with all the necessary nutrients.
Try purees of frits like mashed bananas,ripe cooked apple.puree of dal,gluten free baby cereals such as rice cereals mixed with milk.
Foods available in market like cerelac and farex are also good.
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
after 6 months you can add other foods in addition to mother's milk
you can give her mashed rice, dal water
also add mashed fruits like apple grape
if you have no monetary problem then you can go for some marketed foods
take care