Constipation, trouble breathing, bloating. Due to inability to pass gas?

My brother-in-law is in ICU at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. He has been there since 1AM Sunday and is constipated and seems to be getting worse by the day. He s having a lot of trouble breathing and has bloated to nearly twice his size. I believe the problem is he can t pass gas. I ve known him for 45 years and know he passes a lot of gas daily and isn t able to now. The doctors are doing everything imaginable but I think the problem is gas. What can I do to convince the doctors?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013