Constipation, tiredness, high cholesterol. Prescribed Thyronorm. Hashimoto s disease?

Hello Dr Manoranjan,

I had a TSH levels of 7+ the last year (2012) and 8+ this year during my yearly routine blood test. But the T3 & T4 levels are normal. The colosterol levels have been hovering around 200-220 for the past couple of years. I have constipation and feel a little tired, even after a good sleep. My family Doctor recommended an anti thyroid peroxidase antibody test (result - 12.36 iu/ml ) and thyroglobuline antibodies test (result - 326.4)

I am 46 yrs and do have a very active life. I exercise/ play regularly, atleast 4-5 days a week and have a healthy diet too. Lots of fruits, veggies, egg dry fruits and non veg a couple of times a week. I do take lot of fluids. My family doctor has recommened Thyronorm 10 mg , 1 tab a day in the morning.

Do these indicate that the autoimmune disease (Hashimoto's) has set in or is it an early stage that can be done away with after a certain period of treatment?

Thanks & regards

Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013