Constipation, stomach pain. Stopped drinking alcohol. Normal?

Hello. I am 42 and am going through some lifestyle changes. My hubby and I used to have happy hour every night for the last 5 years. I drank vodka with diet 7. We are now stopping that (1 week) and I have constipation and stomach pains all day? I am eating 5 small meals a (greek yogurt, then fresh veggies, some protein for lunch , strawberries for snack, then dinner) Is my stomach issue normal? I drank way too much vodka before this.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Thanks for your post.
Constipation and stomach pain can occur due to fecal impaction,in which feces or stool will harden at this critical juncture in the bowels and cause a blockage. Laxatives are generally used to help relieve short term constipation.Anti spasmodic like cyclopam, colonic irrigation and suppositories may be needed.
continue taking healthy diet and exercise.
I am glad you are quitting alcohol which may cause peptic ulcer and stomach pain.
You need to visit your doctor and rule out irritable bowel syndrome and peptic ulcer and management.
Hope it helps.
Take care!

keep away from drink. take two time diet a day .

diet must be light diet , drink hot water,

then start

1) shankhavati tab 2tab tds

2) abhayaristam 4 tsf tds

3) Avipattikar churna 2 gm tds