Constipation since 12 days. Have underactive thyroid. Having back pain, bulged stomach. No help with laxatives. Solution?

i quit smoking on the 1st january, but have found that i get constipated really bad, i have always had trouble with my stools as i suffer with a underactive thyroid , i do take laxatives quite regular to keep things going, but i have now been constipated for 12 days, nothing seems to be working, my back is killing me and my stomach is like a balloon. Im at my wits end what can i do
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013