Constipation, severe stomach cramps, soft stools on taking milk of magnesia, later severe diarrhea, nausea. Normal?

Hello. This Monday my stomach was very cramps an it was so bad I could feel it in my chest . I tried to go to the bathroom but couldn t and thought that my discomfort was most likely caused by constipation . I took 3 TBS of milk of magnesia that afternoon. Nothing happened that night but when I woke up in the morning my stomach was violently tossing and turning and I had two softer stools pass. Throughout that day my stomach felt terrible but seemed to ease up in the afternoon and I was feeling well enough to eat some dinner. When I went to bed my stomach started tossing and turning again. So much so that I felt nauseous all night. When I got up the next day I had diarrhea . I ended up going to the hospital to get IV fluids because I was so dehydrated due to the fact that my stomach is so upset its hard to drink. They prescribed me zofran which seems to be helping with the nauseousness but my stomach still is tossing and turning violently and now tonight I have diarrhea worse then I have for the last 2 days. I can t even leave the restroom. Is this normal? How long before this wears off? Do you think I may actually have the stomach flu instead of this being from MOM. I am concerned that I will get dehydrated gain due to the fact that it seems to be goin out more than it is coming in. Please help!
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013