Constipation, moderate pain in upper quadrant, intermittent burning, belching. Can I take oral laxative?

last 2 times i BM d it was compacted and difficult, i liken it to passing a base ball -yes- it was round- the stool that followed is very tar like, then some loose stool - then repeat 2 days later. last night i woke up to mod/sever pain upper right quadrant,a burning pain threw to my back. i still feel some intermittent burning pain, it comes with belching . it seems better after i can pass gas. i have since had several large/long tar like BM s. but still get that burning pain in upper right quadrant. i have history of IBS . i am treating this as constipation with some good results. but that pain is higher then i usually experience, and a different side then usual. i am urinating fine. no fever. mild cold symptoms with irritating cough . should i try a oral laxative for a high located constipation ?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012