Constipation, fever, dry bowl, not interested in eating

Hi, I have a 14 month old baby. He has been very constipated lately. He has been running a fever for the last two days and when he finally had a bowel, it came out very dry, and also powder-like. As if it were really old. Should I be alarmed. He has not been wanting to eat or drink much lately. I pretty much force him what I can. Should I take him to the emergency room?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
When there is fever, it has some source I.e some infection. That needs to be found out and that can be done through physical examination. So you would better take your child to the doctor.
Till then you can give acetaminophen syrup in case if fever. Give a tea spoon of lactulose syrup two to three times per day for constipation.
Hope it helps. You can get back to me for any query.
Best of luck for your baby and you too.