Constipated, passing only yellowish-brown thick mucus, leg pain. Are these related ?

I started noticing constipation approximately 5 weeks ago. The only thing I pass is this yellowish-brown thick mucus. About 2 weeks after the constipation/mucus problem I started having severe pain in my left leg. I went to my PCP and had an abnormal ANA test (speckled), then found it was a false positive. I suspected it was related t my IUD ( mirena ) and had it removed 4 days ago. Later the same day I had a small but normal bowel movement and the following day My leg felt better. Unfortunately, I am back to the same symptoms... leg pain, constipation and mucus. An xray indicated I have minimal narrowing of the L4-5. No bulging or herniated discs. I lost about 150 pounds (naturally) 10-11 years ago. Since then I have been lugging around excess skin that hangs from by waist and back/hip area. Can the bowel prblem and the leg paid be related and if so can it be caused by the IUD ( progesterone ) or from the excess skin? I ve read things about the excess skin detaching abdminal organs which seems to fit my sysptoms or the Mirena causes joint/ spine movement or inflamation and/or drug induced lupus which explains my abnormal ANA test? Please help me. I have been in pain for over a month and nobody seems to know what is wrong with me or how to help. In fact, most doctors laugh, call me crazy, and tell me the worst thing I can do is research the web. I don t want a panniculectomy if it isn t going t help and I can t sit at my desk and work with this severe nerve/leg pain. Please please please somebody help me
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013