Constipated, painful stools. On miralax. Help?

Hello my son his 3 years old and has been on miralax since he was 2 months. He is currently on 17 grams a day.. He's been to a gi specialist and they have done several procedures on him. I almost feel
Ike they gave up on him because all his test are normal. He didn't poop the first week of his birth. Today he had a episode of screaming and shaking to poop and had a big bowel movement. His stomach is hard. This evening all he did was cry and scream and he's saying his but hurts so I guessing he needs to go again. His poop is normally creamy never hard like today and he goes normally once every 5-7 days. Is it possible for miralax to stop working? I feel so helpless. Any suggestions what it could be?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013