Constipated everyday. On fibers. Hypothyroidism. Why diarrhea now?

Hi! I am having stomach problems. I normally constipated on a daily basis. I try to eat more fiber and drink Metamucil daily. I m definitely not perfect with my fiber intake and have been slacking on the daily metamucil for the past 2 weeks. My problem right now, is that for the past 2 days I ve had diarrhea-like urges but not much comes out. It s like I m constipated but dry heaving. This particular problem has never happened to me. I m trying to think of any additional info to give... I m 27 and hypothyroid . I take 70micrograms of levothyroxine a day. I also, take 40mg of vyvance a day. I am living overseas in Grenada, so stomach problems are quite prevalent. More often then not Im constipated but I do have bouts of diarrhea. Also, I just finished school finals and am starting the hardest semester of med school at SGU, so I ve been very stressed.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012