Constant white spots on the lip, gradually increasing over the years. No improvement with lip balms, vitamins. What could it be?

A dermetology related question. For several years now (I don t remember when it started) I ve noticed two white spotsBirthmarks - pigmented white spots and now it is extending a lot. It never caused any kind of pain or discomfort, so I ve always ignored them. Recently, I noticed that now it had extended till my half of the lower lip . Again, there is no pain or discomfort, but I m just concerned about what causes this and how to prevent it. When I look closely in the mirror, I can tell that the white spot on the lower lip is really a lot of very small white dots grouped together, I ve been trying some lip balms and vitamins but I m not sure that s helping Please advice.
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012