Constant vaginal bleeding, no relief with provera, advised ablation. Should I opt for hysterectomy?

I am 44 and have had heavy consistant vaginalbleeding for months. Did biopsy and all came out fine. On provera now second cycle and still bleeding and cramping like regular period. Dr says ablation is next step. I have searched info on both ablation and hysterectomy It seems like many women end up with a hys. within a year after ablation so should I ask my dr about just going strait to hys. I have had 4 children. Two are from invitro b/c I also had two ectopic pregnancies. I also have non-hoskin s t-cell lymphoma which may not make any difference.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013