Constant ulcer type wound on the helical rim of ear with pain, no bleeding, clear fluid on squeezing, surrounded by bump. What could it be?

I am a 36 year old male, with a small (size of a pen tip) ulcer type wound on my left ear helical rim. It has gone on for 3-4 months, painful to touch, non bleeding , but if I squeeze it, clear fluid comes out. I sleep on that side. It hurts, but not too much, say 0/10 normally, but with squeezing, about a 1-2/10. It has not increased in size, and has a surrounding bump that would be 1/4 size of a pea, and has been this way since I found it. Any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
Hello and welcome to health care magic,

Any injury or ulcer which is more than two months long is a cause of concern though most of the time it will be nothing to worry about. In any case you should consult an ENT as soon as possible so that you can put your mind at ease.
You can also take a snap shot of the ulcer and pose a direct question in our website and get back to me or any ENT on this

Dr Sriram Nathan