Constant swelling on the vein at the back of hand, shooting pains on touching it, pain on bending finger. Help?

A vein on the back of my right hand is constantly swollen, sometimes worse than other times. When I touch it I get a shooting pain up my hand to my elbow . yesterday someone handed me a container and I couldn t even lift it at first because my wrist had a sharp pain too. The container was probably about 5 pounds. Today I noticed when ever I bend my pointer finger it hurts too, it almost feels as if it were swollen.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012