Constant swelling on the face after hit on the cheek bone causing facial fracture. is this normal?

I was hit on my left cheek bone with a softball. I was diagnosed with several fractures to my face but was told that I didn t need surgery. The entire left side of my face is numb even my mouth. I have severe headaches and the entire white of my eye is red from the busted blood vessels.. It s been almost a week and the only thing that seems to be getting better is the bruise I still have swelling but not any pain (because of the numbness) is this normal?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012