Constant sound in ear, hearing loss, intermittent tinnitus, use hearing aids. Opinion?

I hear a constant sound, like a truck is parked outside with the motor running, or like a loud TV next door where I can t make out the voices but can hear bass sounds. This is quite acute (2 days) and continuous. I have moderate to severe hearing loss and use 2 hearing aids (for years); also have tinnitis which is usually a single high pitched tone that gradually fades over about a half-minute and occurs intermittently. I m a nurse. Have appt w/ENT in 2 days. This is terribly annoying and a bit scary. Opinion? Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013