Constant smoke like smell at the back of nose since meningioma removal. Cause and remedy?

I have not had a sense of taste or smell for about 10 years and was always told it was from allergies which constantly affected my sinus . It wasnt until August 2012 it was discovered i had a brain tumor . The very large Meningioma (6cm) was removed 6 weeks ago (oldfactory groove) and i have had no issues whatsoever until the last week or so. I now i have a constant smoke like smell in the back of my nose which is really stressing me. I was hoping that the removal of the tumor may have miraculously brought back my taste but the nurosurgeon said it was highly unlikely. What could this be and how can i get rid of it.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013