Constant smell of varnish. What does this mean?

I have a constant smell of varnish no matter where I am - in a car - in a building or my home. I keep asking other people if they can smell it in our home and I seem to be the only one. I am sorry I cannot continue at this time. My credit card was being used by unlawful people in another state and my credit card company called and warned me and cancelled my card and are sending me another one which I should receive soon.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
your smelling nerves in the nose might have damaged by chronic allergies and you are not able to dinguish the smells of different types but only varnish
i advise to use neomycin h ointment in nose bd and sea water in each nose at night for few months and control acidity problems and other common cold and allergies and infections in time with correct medicines you can recover in few months if the damage is not much