Constant pressure on head, face for months, radiating down to neck, spine, arms, finger. Cause?

I am a 40 yr old male. I have been experiencing a pressure in my head in a Mohawk fashion and face which started about 8 months ago. When it began it would last a few days at a time but it has become a constant about 5 months ago. It has now started radiating down my neck and the left side of the spineand arm and fingers.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hi!
welcome to HCM!
Tension-type headache pain is often described as a constant pressure, as if the head were being squeezed Itis the most common type of primary headache. The pain can radiate from the lower back of the head, the neck, eyes, or other muscle groups in the body.
Episodic tension-type headaches are headaches occurring fewer than 15 days a month, whereas chronic tension headaches occur 15 days or more a month for at least 6 months
Various precipitating factors may cause tension-type headaches in susceptible individuals like Stress,Sleep deprivation ,Uncomfortable stressful position or bad posture ,Irregular meal time or Eyestrain
You can observe and find a cause for your headache.pain killers and muscle relaxants provide relief but cause muat be identified and removed.Take care!