Constant pain near sternum, normal chest X-ray. History of lymph node in superior mediastinum. Causes?

I am a 34 yo female. I have had pain just right to the sternum located around I think the 3rd rib. I noticed the pain about 3 months ago. The pain started out as an intermittent ache. Now it is pretty constant and is not relieved with heat, topical icyhot, or ibuprofen . I had a chest x-ray that was normal. My concern is that a year ago I had a chest CT and a 9mm lymph node was found in the superior mediastinum . Is there a chance that the lymph node has gotten bigger? My Dr. thinks the pain is just muscle but it doesn t feel like it to me. What test would help determine the cause of pain? Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013