Constant pain in thighs, bum post weeks of hip replacement. Cause?

Can you help? My husband had a right hip replacement 5 weeks ago; he had fragmin injections up until 2 days ago. He s recuperating very well - very impressive progress according to the physiotherapist . 3 days ago, he started to feel constant pain in his right thy and his bum - pain he has a hard time describing. He even has a hard time sleeping at night. After such progress, what could be the cause? I have to say, he is not using either his walker or his cane all the time to walk or go up and down the stairs; it might mean nothing but thought you should know that. Your input would be most appreciated - any suggestions on how to allieve the pain? Thank you for taking the time to read all this!! Look forward to your reply Mrs. L,
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013