Constant pain in Sciatica, taking physiotherapy with no relief. Taking Oxycontin. Solution for pain?

My mother is 82 years old and is in constant pain from sciatica . this is the second flare up in less than 6 months. both times she has been hospitalised because her pain is extremely severe and then sent to rehad for some physio for a couple of weeks. this time she doesn t seem to be improving at all and she has been having physio twice a week now for a month but is in immense pain and doesn t seem to be getting any better. She is taking oxycontin 10 mg at night and 15 mg in the morning and topping up with endone during the day. We are at our wits end and don t know how to help her.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013