Constant pain due to a worm like lump on the top of the rib cage, diagnosed as muscular skeletal strain. No relief with Tylenol, ibuprofen. Further investigations needed?

I am a 33 yr old female I have been having pain in my side for about two weeks, about two inches down from my left breast on top of my ribs. I thought it might be a bruise or something but there was no sign of bruising. It has continued to ache of and on. Two days ago i noticed there are some small broken blood vessels around the area that hurts there is also now a lump that is about 3inches long and as wide as an earth worm on top of my rib cage. I went to the er last night because it is impossible to get a drs. apt( military health care) and was diagnosed as muscular skelatol strain or something, basically a pulled muscle . Although I have not been doing anything to pull a muscle and the pain just started out of nowhere one night. Also pulled muscles are most common in legs arms and back and this is on top of my rib cage. It hurts all the time not terribly bad but a constant pain. and tylenol and ib profen don t seem to make the pain go away. i have been really tired lately, more then nomral. It seems rather odd to have such a weird shape lump, feels like a big vein or a worm like lump, even the doctor was like, i have never felt anything quite like that before. Just wondering if I should worry about it, or how long should I wait before i demand further investigation. thanks. Rhiannon
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012