Constant lump in the side of neck, occasionally get dull and pulsating feeling from it, advised Ibuprofen. Second opinion required?

nI have had for a few years now a hard, bone like lump in the side of my neck . It is closer to the back of my neck and below my ear. I had asked a physician ( nurse practitioner actually) about it and she felt it and said not to worry about it and just see if it grows. Hard to tell if it has grown but it seems like it is more noticeable when I touch it now. I sometimes get a dull, pulsating pain coming from it. She told me to just take ibuprofen for the pain. Should I have it checked out by another doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012