Constant light brown spotting between periods. Taking Marvalon. How to get relief of the spotting?

Hi, I have recently experienced constant light brown spotting on a daily basis inbetween my periods. Is there any way to eradicate this? I ve been on the same pill (marvalon) for over 3 years now and it has done good things for my skin, but I wanted to know whether it could be having an effect. I would do anything to stop this and return to my normal on / off cycle. Thanks. Liz
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
I think this is breakthrough bleeding, common with birth control pills.
You need to ask your health care provider to change the preparation / switch to higher hormone content pill.