Constant itching, redness, hot flashes over leg post total knee replacement. Reason?

I had total knee replacement Dec. 11/02. It is red, hot, and is extremely itchy 24 hours a day. My surgeon sent me for a doppler to see if I had deep vein thrombosis or circulations issues, but all was clear. This itch is constant, never lets up. I elevate the leg several times a day, and keep ice packs on the knee. The leg also has flashes of the chills , as if it has the flu . What could be possibly be going on with this leg?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012