Constant itching and irritation around waistband. Any suggestions?

My son gets a severe rash around his waistband. My husband used to get the same thing, stopped wearing underwear and it went away. I assumed it was the same for my son. Maybe an allergy to the elastic. He tried the no underwear but it did not work. I bought him special boxers with that don t have elastic exposed but it hasn t helped. A few years ago, he scratched so badly, it turned into MRSA and he has horrible scars. He doesn t have open sores right now, but he says it itches constantly and looks very irritated. Cortisone cream helps but he knows he can t use that for very long. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012