Constant flank pain in rib cage, immense difficulty in breathing, normal test results, taking aleve. What could be the cause?

Hi Dr. Grief, I am a 32yr old female and I ve had Constant pain in my left rib cage/flank/back are for almost 3yrs. Dr s did just about every test (negative) tried anti-inflammatories, prilosec , lyrica , gabapentin ... Nothing worked and I refuse to mask my pain with pain meds. I take aleve every day now because they make the pain somewhat tolerable but without them the pain is sooo bad It actually takes my breath away, the area tenses almost as if there is a vice on it and it feels like it s squeezing the life out of me. I feel stuck sometimes, like the pain freezes me to the point that it actually catches my breath due to the pain being so strong. In 3 yrs the pain has gotten worse and the left rib cage is noticeably larger then the right and that was never the case before. I KNOW something is wrong and am hoping you can help please.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012