Constant dull pain in lower abdomen, sharp pain on passing urine, fever. Chances of kidney infection?

Hi, My lower right abdomen/side has a dull pain that is pretty much constant. I have had it since about 5:00pm last night however last night it only hurt when i went pee or poop. The pain was like a intense sharp pain. But it didnt burn to pee. Today it doesnt hurt to pee, but now the pain is pretty constant. The pain is about 4 up from my hips and about 6 to the right of my bell button. My fiancee` said he thinks i have a fever , but we do not have a thermometer . My neighbor is a nurse and she said it sounds like a kidney infection or appendix.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012