Constant discomfort in left abdomen, gaseous, bloating. Diagnosed as IBS. Suggestions?

I have had continuous discomfort on the left side of abdomen .I have alot of gas, bloating and is just generally unconfortable. This has been going on for nearly a year. I have been to the GP who initially diagnosed Heli bacter pelori which I took 2 weeks antibiotics for. I Still continued to have the symtoms after treatment so went back to GP and have done on several occassion. GP continues to now say it is IBS . I Have taken lanzoprazole and peppermint capsules which dont provide any releif. I have voiced my concerns but they continue to reassure me that there is nothing serious to worry about. I would like to add that my bowel habits are regular (once a day) usually solid but have days where it is very mushy (not diaorrehoa), just very soft and little bits. I have looked and it does not appear to be blood in my stools colour is generally yellowy/brown. Like I said I am getting a little worried as I thaught IBS symptoms come and go and my symptoms are continuous and daily. I am not any any pain just uncomfortable and I just want it to go. There is no previous history of cancer that Im aware of in the family. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013