the information you provided is not enough to diagnose the problem your wife is having as there is wide range of causes for persistent cough
and vomitting. therefore i would be requesting some questions regarding the disease.
1. is the cough accompanied with sputum or not. if yes is there any blood in sputum or not.
2.is there any associated fever
. if yes it is low grade i.e. upto 100 F or high grade i.e. >100F
3. is there any specific time the patients cough more?
4. is she complaining of chest pain
5. is there associated headache or she feels heaviness on forehead while reading or using computer
6.is she having postnasal drippling
7. do u hear any sounds from her chest especialy when sleeping.
8. does she smokes or not.
9. does she use any sort of long time medications.
hope to hear from u soon
with regards from dr.ishfaq