Constant cold, tiredness, less energy. How to remain healthy and fit?

Hi there, I seem to always have a little bit of a cold , I am tired quite a lot of the time and sometimes my calfs feel like they are energyless, at night or in the morning. I have had this for a few months now. This seems to co inside with me starting a new job as a healthcare assistant and working long days. Can you suggest anything. I like to keep fit and healthy but the tiredness is stopping me from dancing and running.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Hello James,

Thanks for writing your query to us.

Repeated episodes of cold suggest that your immunity is low. There are various ways to increase body immunity. You should regularly follow this lifestyle changes & be consistent.
1. Get enough sleep. You need to rest our body in a leisurely manner and avoid stress for at least six to eight hours daily.

2. You must drink plenty of water. By drinking six to eight glasses of water daily, this will help to flush out toxins from our bodies.

3. You must eat well. You should increase fresh fruits and vegetables and multi-grain meals in your daily diet and cut down on frozen, processed and fatty food. Besides that, you should reduce the intake of animal protein rich food. Quit smoking and limit alcohol consumption.

4. You must practice good hygiene by washing your hands after visiting the toilets and before meals. When you wash hands, you also get rid of germs that might infect you with illnesses.

5. You need to exercise to boost your immune system. Exercise is good for health. It helps to strengthen your bones and muscles. Do any form of exercise that you enjoy doing.