Constant bleeding, diagnosed with germ cell cancer of ovaries and PCOS. History of cancer in family. Should I be worried?

When I was six years old, I was diagnosed with germ cell cancer of the ovaries. At 15, I was diagnosed with PCOS . My cycles have never been regular. This time, I m very worried. I ve been on my period (bleeding) for nearly 60 days, and for the last three weeks it has been excruitiatingly painful (much more than usual- I ve always had bad cramps ). The pain is almost entirely constant, often hovering around a 3-4 on the pain scale of 1-10 (10 being highest). For the last fourteen hours, the pain has been steady at a 5 and won t ease up. There s a history of cancer in my family (as well as my personal diagnosis), as well as diabetes and heart issues. I m 25; my first cycle was at age 11. Before this 60-day period, the longest I had was 32 days of bleeding, though it wasn t as painful. Never been pregnant, though I am sexually active. Should I be worried, or will this pass?
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012