Constant bleeding after periods, thick mucous, gained weight. Due to thyroid problems?

I had my period on the 27/30 Sept. to the 4th of Oct. On the 8th of Oct. I had a lot of cramps and even diarrhea and each time I went to the toilet I had bleeding . It was not a lot, I could only see it when I cleaned with the paper but still it was there every time. As of today (23rd October) I m still bleeding and each week it has been more and more and not just in the paper anymore. It also comes with mucus on it, just like in a period, only more liquid, it seems. The mucus falls more easily than when I m on my period. I ve always had irregular periods (3/5 months delayed, more or less). I m 20 years old now and never had sexual intercourse. I gained a lot of weight last year and I lost it by now, since May/June my period has been regular, which was something new to me as I ve never had so many months together with regular periods. However, I missed my September period, I believe due to my nervous system , as I was under a lot of stress . Then I had my October period and this happened. Also, my mother has thyroid problems. Could this be thyroid related too? Thanks in advance!
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012